Tuesday, February 3, 2009

OUCH

Hey everyone! Sorry it has been a long time since I have updated. Not much has happened here in the last week or so. McKenzie got her 9 month pictures taken last Saturday and we are so excited to see them. I will post them as soon as we get them.

I had something very weird happen today. When McKenzie fell asleep for her morning nap I decided to cut her nails. It is the only time I can cut them- when she is sleeping! So as I was cutting her little toe nails one flew off and hit my eye. I rubbed my eye...I know you are not supposed to do that but it was just instinct. I did not really think anything else of it. It still hurt after lunch so I decided to look at my eye in the mirror. I had to pull the side of my eye way back because the pain was in the back corner towards my ear. When I did I saw something white in my eye. I was not sure if it was her toe nail or just how my eye was because I was pulling it weird. So, I asked Jason to look in my eye and sure enough I had a toe nail in it! No wonder it was still hurting and turning all red! I had to dig my finger way in my eye to get it out. It was instant relief as soon as the toe nail was remover. So I guess the moral of the story is...be careful when you are clipping your kid's toe nails! Have a super day!