Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cake Class...week 2

I have always wanted to take a cake decorating class and could never find one at just the right time. I finally found one! I had my first class last Sunday! During that class we basically learned how to make the frosting, smooth a cake, and what all the different tools were for and how to use them properly. I was really excited about today's class because we actually got to do something! We had to show up with an 8 inch round cake that was frosted in light blue frosting. We put a rainbow on our cakes and then wrote something on it. It is not perfect but I was just so excited about it and proud of myself for actually doing it! I have wanted to do this for so long and now I am doing it! Here is my very first cake I have ever decorated...The Rainbow Cake! (And no, I am not going to freeze it and use it for MG's birthday party! That was Jason's idea!)








1 comment:

Tank said...

Megs, you already knew how to bake the most delicious cakes (17 layer!), know you are going to know how to decorate the best! I can't wait to taste one when I get home in late august!!! Have a blast with your class.