Wednesday, January 6, 2010

An Unexpected Layover

We arrived home on the 27th from all of our Christmas travel. Bom and Boppa (my only grandparents alive~my dad's parents) were flying back to NY on the 28th. I always hate to say goodbye to them because I never know when I will see them again. It is not so easy to jump a plane and visit with McKenzie in the mix. So, as always, I was really sad to say goodbye to them. I got a call on the 28th from my mom that their plane was delayed because of a blizzard in NY. A few hours later I got another call from my mom that their flight was cancelled! So, Jason headed to the airport, because we live the closest and Bom and Boppa got to spend the night with us instead of staying in the airport hotel! It was so much fun! I was so excited and grateful for one more day with them. McKenzie took to Bom and cooked for her right away! They were fast friends and I think it was really good for Bom to just relax and be a "kid" again! Boppa enjoyed the recliner while Bom played! The next morning McKenzie and I took them back to the airport and they made it safely home then. It was just a really fun unexpected layover!


MG cooking for Bom!

No comments: